gpgme

Wynfield Henman wynfield@gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 05:18:00 GMT 2006

On 12/4/06, Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net> wrote:
> Did you really need to start a new thread for this?

Two issues where mentioned, which you apparently missed.

> Wynfield Henman wrote:
>
> > I saw the reference to "gpgme" with some misleading (to me) version
> > number, such as 1.1.2, tacked on and said it was in ...somewhere like
> > ../cygwin/ports. ......
>
> Cygwin Ports is a separate project.  Type it into Google and follow the
> first hit.  It's off-topic for this list because it has its own mailing
> list.
Are you saying that "cygwin ports" are not ports of software to run on cygin?

> > guess cygwin rules/convention requires a different numbering system???
> Um, no.  Have you even looked at the gpgme ftp site?
Yes and it is as I stated. Now answer why the cygwin ports located
gpgme is label as version 1.2.0 when no such official version exists?

> ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/gpgme/
Yes you can verify that the latest release is 1.0.3  NOT  1.2.xx

> You need to add the URL to setup.exe if you want to use it.  Again, it's
> not part of the official Cygwin project.
You're unclear here.  Do you mean that setup.exe is not inherently
related to cygwin?
Or that adding a URL to setup.exe is not.  Though it seems it should
be, if software is otherwise not available, (yet listed as a cygwin
port).
> Brian

Wynfield