cygwin opengl problem

dvmorris dvmorris@gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 16:13:00 GMT 2006

dvmorris wrote:

> I finally managed to get this c++ program compiled on cygwin, and when I
> start it up, the interface (done in fltk) works great, but the opengl
> display window is frozen. It only shows the last frame from the openGL
> buffer on the machine. if i open another opengl program, display
> something, then go back to this one, it shows what was display last in the
> other program. When i resize the window, the image gets scrambled, etc...
> but nothing displays. Everything else about the program works though.
>
> How do I begin to troubleshoot something like this. My professor who wrote
> the code told me he used to compile on an older version of cygwin, and the
> newer versions gave him this same problem, and he never had time to figure
> out why. Another friend who has taken a look at it thinks it might have
> something to do with calling gl functions before initializing the gl
> context, which is apparently allowed on linux. He tried compiling the same
> code on a macbook pro, and he says it crashes because the code makes a gl
> call before initializing the gl context. My cygwin compiled version
> doesn't crash, it even allows me to open and save obj files and perform
> operations...
>
> I know I haven't shown any code here, or given anything to really help
> diagnose much, but if someone could give me pointers as to where to begin
> to debug this problem, i would really appreciate it.
>
> dave

I should add this as well... this is what cygwin puts out after running the
makefile:

Info: resolving Fl::e_keysym      by linking to __imp___ZN2Fl8e_keysymE
(auto-import)
Info: resolving Fl::e_state      by linking to __imp___ZN2Fl7e_stateE
(auto-import)
Info: resolving Fl::e_y      by linking to __imp___ZN2Fl3e_yE (auto-import)
Info: resolving Fl::e_x      by linking to __imp___ZN2Fl3e_xE (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for Fl_Menu_Barby linking to __imp___ZTV11Fl_Menu_Bar
(auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for Fl_Gl_Windowby linking to
__imp___ZTV12Fl_Gl_Window (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for Fl_Double_Windowby linking to
__imp___ZTV16Fl_Double_Window (auto-import)

i have no idea what that stuff means, but thought it might be important...