cygwin-email utility clipping attached zips

zzapper david@tvis.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 12:01:00 GMT 2006

René Berber <r.berber@computer.org> wrote in

> zzapper wrote:
>
>>> I'm using the following to send attachments from the cli, works fine
>>> except for word Docs etc but zip files loose a few bytes
>>>
>>> eg
>>>
>>> -rwxr-xr-x  1 davidr None 161792 Dec  2 12:47 ../aaa/am4mar.doc
>>> (RECEIVED) -rwxrwxrwx+ 1 davidr None 161792 Feb 14  2006 am4mar.doc
>> otherwise?
>
> Yes, it works fine but I've never sent zip or doc files.  Just ran a
> test, no problem with zip file (unzip -t ... No errors detected in
> compressed data of...)
>
> BTW your subject is probably not attracting many replies, it's not a
> Cygwin "utility", its a package, http://email.cleancode.org/, like any
> other package.

rene,
thanks for replying, did you check that file size was exactly the same as
unzip is clever enough to copy with a few errors?

regards subject, "email" is so common i wanted to find some way to get
any subject to standout, didnt realise it was a package though!

I have emailed the author but no reply as yet. I better persue his
website!

Emailing attachments from the command line will be such useful thing for

--
http://successtheory.com/tips/ Vim, Zsh, MySQL Tips