Winsock

Lucas Charron raijinsetsu@comcast.net
Thu Dec 7 19:21:00 GMT 2006

I'm using C::B(http://www.codeblocks.org) over cygwin. I'm testing a
socket stream library of my own creation (using Winsock2). My "server"
is currently a simple HTTP server (sends out a blank html page saying
"you are here"). I can connect to my listening socket from within the
same process and transmit data to and from the "server" and "client",
but, if I try to use a web-browser, I get "This connection was denied"
and the server application has no notification of anything even trying
to connect. I've checked all of windows' firewall settings (firewall is
disabled). I've also tryed binding to my external IP and to my loopback.
I've tryed binding to "0.0.0.0". Somewhere, my connection is being
rejected. I've checked the windows log files for dropped packets, and
nothing. I'm at my wits end.
All sockets functions return normally, there are no errors that windows
is reporting. This is either a Windows or Cygwin problem, but I can't
figure it out.

If anyone has any idea whats going on, please tell me.

--Luke