1.5.21-1 Release: Windows memory resources do not recover.

Fri Dec 8 18:04:00 GMT 2006

Dave Silvia wrote:
>> -- On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 06:36:05 -0700 Eric Blake wrote --
>>
>>> Are you SURE you don't have a buggy driver installed?  Known
>>> culprits include Agnitum outpust, Mcafee virus scanners, Logitech
>>> webcam, ...  In other words, the leak is not caused by cygwin, but
>>> by your buggy driver leaking memory for every process spawned by
>>> your process-intensive scripts.
>

> The list you gave above has an ellipsis, usually denoting there are more. Is
> there a place where this list is kept? I'd like to know because I'd like to see
> if the one I found that ultimately caused the problem is on that list.

"..." = spyware tools.  Everyone knows that. ;-)

As you found, spyware tools are often culprits as well, though I don't
recall PCTools being specifically implicated on this list.  So your findings
are good to know.

Holliston, MA 01746