cygstart getting The specified file was not found

Michael Schaap cygwin@mscha.nl
Tue Dec 12 13:42:00 GMT 2006


Michael Schaap wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>
>> Does cygstart use CreateProcess and/or GetCurrentDirectory instead of
>> fork/exec/getcwd?
>>
>> If so, cygstart will have to call cygwin_internal(CW_SYNC_WINENV) before
>> using the native Windows functions.
>>
> 
> No, it uses ShellExecute (see "cygstart --reference").  It does indeed 
> need to sync the environment, but it does this using its own code. 
> (Predates cygwin_internal(CW_SYNC_WINENV); I still need to change 
> cygstart some day to use it.)
> 
> However, this is unrelated to this problem, things go wrong long before 
> that.  It appears that cygwin_conv_to_win32_path incorrectly determines 
> the current working directory.
> 
> It is called as follows:
> 
>     cygwin_conv_to_win32_path(aPath, winPath);
> 
> where aPath == "hello.txt".
> 
> The current directory is "/cygdrive/c/user" =~ "c:\user", but 
> cygwin_conv_to_win32_path thinks that:
> 
>     normalize_posix_path: /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/hello.txt = 
> normalize_posix_path (hello.txt)
> 
> (See Eric's messages for more debugging info.)
> 

I just installed the 2006-12-11 snapshot, and I can reproduce this. 
Like Eric, I'm on XP SP2.

I went down the list of snapshots, and it looks like this was introduced 
some time in between 2006-11-27 and 2006-11-30.

  - Michael

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list