bash longjmp issue

K Kafka kafka.k@gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 02:20:00 GMT 2006

Hi Larry,

Thank you. So you are right, I did not stop any of the services before
upgrading. I'll know it in the future.

On the actual problem:
1- I've rebooted since the last install, the problem persists
2- All the files in /etc/postinstall have the .done suffix
3- In setup.log.full, the only error is about McShield (Could not open
service McShield for query, start and stop). Is this related?

So, I've followed your suggestion and
1- relaunched setup.exe, nothing was installed (mbox note: Nothing
needed to be installed)
2- I've rebooted once more nothing changed (i.e. same errors with bash)
3- Actually, when I logged again on the box there was a few errors:
       3x:  id.exe encountered a problem and needed to close:
szAppName : id.exe     szAppVer : 0.0.0.0     szModName : cygwin1.dll
 szModVer : 1005.22.0.0     offset : 0000365f
       3x:  cygrunsrv.exe encountered a problem and needed to close:
szAppName : cygrunsrv.exe     szAppVer : 0.0.0.0     szModName :
cygwin1.dll
szModVer : 1005.22.0.0     offset : 0000365f
3- when checking the cygcheck output once more I realized that
something was written to stderr: "garbled output from 'id' command -
no uid= found". Can this be related?

Then, tryed to reinstall bash, cygwin, cygutils and cygrunsrv using setup.exe

1- in setup.log.full there is a few errors:

  2006/12/17 18:43:06 running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c
/etc/postinstall/00bash.sh
  2006/12/17 18:43:06 error: Unable to remove temporary file
'/var/log/setup.log.postinstallXa03412'
  2006/12/17 18:43:06 running: cmd.exe /c C:\cygwin\etc\postinstall\01bash.bat
  2006/12/17 18:43:07 abnormal exit: exit code=0
  2006/12/17 18:43:07 error: Unable to remove temporary file
'/var/log/setup.log.postinstallXa03412'

The 00bash.sh and 01bash.bat don't exist anymore so I can't run them
manually. The Xa03412 file was deleted manually afterward just in
case.

2- Bash gives the same errors, /etc/postinstall files have all the .done suffix

Should I try to uninstall completely and reinstall?

Thank you
Kevin