Recent problem with Cygwin and Xemacs

Paul Mallas pmallas@rsmas.miami.edu
Tue Dec 19 22:51:00 GMT 2006

A recent upgrade seems have broken xemacs on my Cygwin system.

I was running xemacs version 21.4.19-1 with no problem.  Every version
since that release (21.4.19-2, 21.4.19-3, and 21.4.20-2) tells me "X
server not responding" when I try to start xemacs. I usually just
reinstall 21.4.19-1 and things work fine again.  However, now I cannot
I can't reinstall a version several releases ago.

So, I have decided to face the "X server not responding" error and I
have come up empty handed thus far. Any ideas?