Missing Programs

Harold Fuchs harold@wolfeden.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 21 02:24:00 GMT 2006

Hello,

I'm running Win XP Pro/SP2

I just downloaded and installed cygwin. I didn't choose any special options; I didn't ask to have anything special excluded; I didn't ask to have anything special included.

I found and installed the pdksh package because I know the Kornshell and I don't know the Bourne shell. I have modified the .bat file and my /etc/passwd file to reference ksh instead of bash. It all seems to work but ...

I now find that things like more, pg, terminfo, vi and I don't know what else are all missing. I have used Windows's Search function to try finding "more.*", "pg.*" and so on but they are not there.

What have I done wrong, please? Where can I find these things? I have searched the FAQs but ...

Harold Fuchs
London, England