Opening a file with a Windows App which is not in Windows File Association

zzapper david@tvis.co.uk
Thu Dec 21 12:55:00 GMT 2006

I usually open my images with the wonderful irfanview
http://www.irfanview.net/
so
> cygstart logo.jpg

does the job

Occasionally I want to use Adobe Photoshop elements, like many Windows Apps
it wants the FULL path to the document and obviously in DOS format.
The following does the trick, and may be of interest to others

function pse()
{
# name : pse
# description : Open image with Adobe Photoshop elements
#             : (cannot use cygstart as not in Windows File Association)
c:/Program\ Files/Adobe/Photoshop\ Elements\ 2/PhotoshopElements.exe
$(cygpath -w $PWD/$1) &
}

--
zzapper