Need some help on a thread issue - is it application problem or cygthread or my installation

Brian Keener bkeener@thesoftwaresource.com
Fri Dec 22 19:07:00 GMT 2006

Brian Keener wrote:
> Loaded symbols for /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/dciman32.dll
> Loaded symbols for /usr/local/bin/cygOpenThreads.dll
>       4 [sig] osgversion 300 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
> osgversi
> on.exe.stackdump
>  989547 [sig] osgversion 300 C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\osgversion.exe: *** fatal
> rror - called with threadlist_ix -1
>
> Program exited with code 0400.
> (gdb)

My apologies to the list for this.  After finally resolving this issue
(accidentally I might add through some attempts to debug) I realize now that with
the information I gave and the potential areas where there could have been a
problem this list could not have helped.  As it turned out the application did
not like being installed in directories other than its default even though it was
supposed to support it.  Onve installed in the default location apps worked
correctly.

I just wanted to post this in case some neophyte like myself goes searching the
archives for threadlist_ix -1 and finds my post and thinks there is some
unresolved problem.  I still don't understand why the directory affected the
thread but thats for another day and another group.

Again my apologies

bk