cygwin tar -M breaks

Alexy Khrabrov alexy.khrabrov@gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 17:04:00 GMT 2006

Here's the command and the error message:

Administrator@orator ~
$ tar cf test_1.tar -M -L 1000 -F ./new-volume.sh /bk
tar: Removing leading `/' from member names

Administrator@orator ~
$ tar cf test_1.tar -M -L 1000 -F ./new-volume.sh /c/bk
tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
     79 [sig] tar 3852 C:\cygwin\bin\tar.exe: *** fatal error - called
with threadlist_ix -1
Hangup

Administrator@orator ~
$ Preparing volume 2 of test_1.tar.
./new-volume.sh: line 13: echo: write error: Broken pipe

-- I've updated Cygwin today, but had issues, and wonder whether this
is related to threads or a possibly broken install?  (Not all of
postinstall *.sh scripts ran I surmise -- how do I rerun them if
needed?)  And if it indicates broken threads, which thread-related
modules should I reinstall?

Cheers,
Alexy