Fatal Error w/ cygwin 1-5-23-*

Brian Hassink bhassink@hatterasnetworks.com
Sat Dec 30 02:41:00 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I found a mirror site that still had 1-5-22-1 and did a full install, but was surprised to find that the fatal error problem I've been having still persisted.  On another machine running 1-5-22-1 this was not the case, and so I (incorrectly) thought the problem may be 1-5-23-2 specific.

What I'm seeing is that within a call to the boost file system library to instantiate a path object, things are blowing up after a free() call in the cygwin dll.  I've attached a gdb trace and cygcheck output for review.  Note that I'm running boost 1.33.1-1, but the problem occurs under 1.33.1-2 as well.

I would appreciate any assistance towards further isolating the problem.

Thanks,
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com on behalf of Brian Hassink
Sent: Tue 12/26/2006 9:10 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Fatal Error w/ cygwin 1-5-23-*

Hello all,

I have an app that runs fine under 1-5-22-1, but has a fatal error (see
below) when run under 1-5-23-1 or 1-5-23-2.

I've done a complete reinstallation of 1-5-23-2 (and had tried a newer
snapshot as well), but this has not resolved the problem.  At this
point, I'm not sure what to look for to help isolate the problem.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Brian