Cygwin on XP disapearing terminal mystery

Wed Feb 1 03:04:00 GMT 2006

Harry Putnam wrote:
> I've been running cygwin in a laptop running XP home.  It was working
> as expected.  However its been a while since I used it and not sure
> what all has happened that might effect cygwin... but can think of
> nothing off hand.
>
> However, now when I click the bash icon a terminal appears and just as
> quickly disappears.  I can't use any cygwin tools since the terminal
> just flashes once and is gone.
>
> What on earth might cause such behavior?

It's not something on Earth.  It has to do with the phase of the Moon. ;-)

The standard approach to this kind of problem is to open a cmd.exe window
and then run cygwin.bat from here.  If there are error messages, you'll now
be able to see and address them.

Holliston, MA 01746