Pbm with ar.h when compiling make-3.80 for mingw

Xavier Marichal xavier.marichal@alterface.com
Wed Feb 15 18:50:00 GMT 2006

Hi!

To make a long story short, I want to re-build make-3.80 for mingw/msys
usage because I encounter some problems with the mingw distribution...

After downloading the sources fro gnu, I launched ./configure.
Then, in-line with the recommendations of
http://www.delorie.com/howto/cygwin/mno-cygwin-howto.html, I did modify
the resulting Makefile in the following way:
CFLAGS = -g -O2 -mno-cygwin
DEFAULT_INCLUDES = -I/cygdrive/c/mingw/local/include/  -I. -I$(srcdir) -I.
LDFLAGS = -L/cygdrive/c/mingw/local/lib/

Yet, when lauching make, I receive the error displayed in the attach
error.txt.

The fact is that there is indeed an ar.h in Cygwin, which has probably
be detected during the configure operation. Yet, if mingw does contain
ar.exe, it does not include any source related to ar...

What shall I do then? Is there an otption to configure to tell it that
the intention is to "export" towards mingw (a configure equivalent to
-mno-cygwin)?
Otherwise, ar.h is present in Cygwin: /usr/include, but I suppose that
if I add this directory as a -I, I will loos my indendence from Cygwin...

Attached is the requiested cygcheck.out.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Xavier