Perl script called by windows batch file in Scheduled task can't find mount or windows share

Indra Gunawan indrg@yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 10:19:00 GMT 2006

Although I've found many issues related to "mount"
I've yet to find the answer to my current problem.
So, I hope I can find the answer from my posting now.

Anyway, I would like to copy the software installer
exe file to a n ftproot folder on another windows
machine as part of software build process for
download.  The build process itself is automated in a
perl script under cygwin environment called by batch
file executed as Windows Scheduled Task.

It's executed in batch file like this:
c:\tools\cygwin\bin\bash --login -c 'source
/temp/machenv;time
c:/scripts/batch/NightlyBuild/build.pl' > logs/bld.log
2>&1

I've made sure that I mapped the ftproot folder as UNC
path using the local administrator of the ftp hosting
machine first:

net use \\<Machine_Name>\C$\Inetpub\ftproot <password>
/user:administrator /persistent:yes

and in cygwin bash shell I did this:
mount \\\\<Machine_Name>\\C$\\Inetpub\\ftproot
/ftproot -s -E

All are fine.  However, the test for existence of this
folder /ftproot fails, thus the copy does not work in
the build script as executed by batch file in
Scheduled Task.

However, if I launch Windows shell and run the batch
file, the build script works and the copy is
successful.

I created a new scheduled task to execute simple batch
file which  calls a perl script to debug/find out
about the "mount" command in cygwin.  This mount point
/ftproot is still available but the script issuing "cd
/ftproot" and "ls" both fail.

cd: can't cd to /ftproot
ls: /ftproot: No such file or directory

However, again running it in Windows shell the "cd
/ftproot" and "ls" work.

Is the issue with the bash, or the Windows Scheduled
Task or some issue with mounting UNC share?

Thanks.
-Indra