Hanging at GetModuleFileName in inside_kernel function

Peter Rehley peter@rehley.net
Tue Feb 21 19:08:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

Well, for my particular hang issue cygwin is hanging inside the
inside_kernel function on the GetModuleFileName call.  I tracked this
down by adding debug statements (strace.prntf) until I got to the
point where the debug print before GetModuleFileName would appear and
the ones after it didn't. This is consistent.  Each hang is happening
at this spot.

However, this doesn't explain what is happening, but only where.

I also observed that the times it hung were the only times
inside_kernel was actually called.

I'm still trying to get more information.
Peter

p.s. using cygwin snapshot 1.5.19-20060205.