Nominally, how long to build cygwin/bash debug versions?

L Anderson lowella@serv.net
Wed Feb 22 11:35:00 GMT 2006

I'm trying to build debug versions of cygwin1 and bash in an attempt to
isolate a problem I'm having.  My first attempt with cygwin seemed to
grind and grind with nothing being produced--not even errors.  After
considerable time I killed the process.  Realizing that maybe I was just
impatient, I have a question I hope someone can answer.

Counting only computer time and assuming everything works perfectly,
nominally, how long might I expect it to take to build a cygwin debug
version? A bash debug version? (10min?, 30min?, 2hrs?, ...?)

My system is: 550MHz Pentium III, 512MB memory, lots disk space, and
Windows 98SE.

Thanks,

L Anderson