mod_perl2 apache2

Gunnar Thielebein gunnar_thielebein@gmx.net
Mon Feb 27 15:49:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I tried to compile mod_perl2 for apache2 in cygwin but got some
errormessages.
I tried 2 ways one with download of the sources from apache.org one via
the cpan utility
Can someone give me some hints how to compile it under cygwin btw. which
dependencies should be met?

CYGWIN_NT-5.1 ****** 1.5.19(0.150/4/2) 2006-01-20 13:28 i686 Cygwin

CPAN output:
---
/usr/bin/tar: Read 4608 bytes from
-
mod_perl-2.0.2/t/response/TestAPI/slurp_filename.pm

Removing previously used
/home/lila/.cpan/build/mod_perl-2.0.2

  CPAN.pm: Going to build
P/PG/PGOLLUCCI/mod_perl-2.0.2.tar.gz

no conflicting prior mod_perl version found -
good.

Next we need to know where the 'apxs' script is located. This
script
provides a lot of information about the Apache installation, and
makes
it easier to find things on your system. Normally it's located in
the
same directory as the 'httpd'
executable.

If you don't yet have Apache installed you can build Apache
against
the Apache source code, but you won't be able to run the test suite
(a
very important step). Therefore you may want to install Apache
before
proceeding.

Please provide a full path to 'apxs'
executable
(press Enter if you don't have it
installed):

Please provide the location of the Apache directory:
/usr/sbin
[  error] Unable to open /usr/sbin/ap_release.h: No such file or
directory
[  error] Unable to determine server version,
aborting.
[  error] Please specify MP_APXS or
MP_AP_PREFIX.

---
I don't have such apxs util before i install apache13. When I give the
path for apache2 /usr/sbin he gives me last error messages and that I
should specify a prefix.
Error message is similar to the one when I build from scratch. The
source is downloaded via setup.exe and already patched with the one
offered in /usr/src.