Hanging at GetModuleFileName in inside_kernel function

Peter Rehley peter@rehley.net
Tue Feb 28 19:54:00 GMT 2006

On Feb 23, 2006, at 6:27 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 03:43:25PM -0800, Peter Rehley wrote:

>> I tried putting the patch in place, and it stopped hanging at the
>> place I reported.  I had print statements to verify that it went
>> through the section.  However, the program still hung at some point.
>> I tracked down a couple of other GMFN calls that used non-null
>> handles and tried using the technique that the patch had.
>
> Does the latest snapshot behave any differently?  It has a temporary
> patch which stops cygwin from suspending (for long) when the
> current IP
> is in the cygwin DLL itself.

It seems like an improvement.  It didn't hang, but after about 4000
iterations of the test script it got a segmentation fault.  It ran
for 12 hours with another configure script in a separate window or
about 11 hours and 45 minutes longer than before.  This is with the
20060227 snapshot.

Attached is the stackdump.

Peter