potential fix for cygwin's "no system bell" problem

Shankar Unni shankarunni@netscape.net
Tue Jan 3 22:41:00 GMT 2006


Christopher Faylor wrote:

> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-05/msg01615.html

So I just installed snapshot 20060103. I'm running WinXP SP2.

Before I installed the snapshot, I didn't have that 
...\Apps\.Default\.Default key at all, and the beep apparently still 
worked for CMD. Now, I have this key, and the (Default) entry is set to 
"ding.wav".

CMD.EXE still issues an actual beep (PC-beeper-beep) when I type

   echo ^G   (literal control g)

(This is using CMD's built-in echo).

bash and tcsh now emit a "ding" instead, for the same command (using 
shell builtins).

(I guess I'm wondering if this is to be the expected behavior from now 
on; is there any way now to get bash and tcsh to emit a real beep?)


-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: cygcheck.out
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20060103/e5a00d8e/attachment.ksh>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/


More information about the Cygwin mailing list