problems with running Gnome applications

Alessandro Lendaro lendaro@basic.net
Thu Jan 12 14:38:00 GMT 2006

Dave Korn wrote:
>   This is a http://cygwin.com/acronyms#WAG, but have you got CYGWIN=server set
> in your environment, and are you running the cygserver?  That's a pretty
> common cause of "Bad system call" errors.
>
>   Of course, I would already have known the answer to those two questions if
> you had sent your cygcheck output as an attachment, like it says at
> http://cygwin.com/problems.html !

that is what i was talking about, a simple and clean tutorial that shows
what needs to be done
for setting a working cygwin + gnome2 environment without having to read
hundreds of hard-to-find
FAQ/Docs... i can't say I have much spare time to do that.

That's also one of the puroposes of this ng, I think.

Thanks for the healp anyway, Alessandro