Updated: inetutils-1.3.2-34 [setsockopt TOS (ignored): Protocol not available]

Adye, TJ (Tim) T.J.Adye@rl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 13 01:35:00 GMT 2006

Hi Corinna,

Thanks for the inetutils update. The inetd -D option is particularly
welcome (so thanks also to Bryan Thrall).

Unfortunately the new version's ftp, rcp, and rlogin commands give an
annoying new warning when connecting, eg.

  ftp: setsockopt TOS (ignored): Protocol not available

Actually, I suspect this is due to being compiled against updated
headers, because I got the same when recompiling an earlier version of
inetutils. Perhaps the IP_TOS (or similar) definition was added (since
you built inetutils last), even though it doesn't seem to be implemented
in setsockopt (for my XP SP2 system).

I assume the messages can be ignored, but it would be good if they could
be supressed.

Thanks,
Tim.