inetutils-1.3.2-34: setsockopt warning from ftp

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Fri Jan 13 18:06:00 GMT 2006

> Oh well, I have uploaded a new inetutils package built with the 1.5.18
> headers now.  However, you should still see an error in the above case,
> just a different one:
>
>   % ftp ibiblio.org
>   ftp: setsockopt TOS (ignored): Invalid parameter
>
> This is a result of newer Windows versions not simply ignoring the
> IP_TOS setting, but instead returning an error WSAEINVAL.  I applied a
> fix to Cygwin which now ignores the retun code of setting IP_TOS on
> Windows 2000 and above.  It's a no-op by default anyway.  So you
> won't see this error message anymore when using the next snapshot or
> when building Cygwin fresh from CVS.

Thanks Corinna! The new inetutils and the CVS HEAD prevent both error
messages.

--
David Rothenberger                spammer? -> spam@daveroth.dyndns.org
GPG/PGP: 0x92D68FD8, DB7C 5146 1AB0 483A 9D27 DFBA FBB9 E328 92D6 8FD8

Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists.
                 -- John Kenneth Galbraith