1.5.18: rxvt only accepts control keys from synergy

Elliott Hughes EHughes@bluearc.com
Wed Jan 18 02:10:00 GMT 2006

I searched the list for mentions of "rxvt" and "synergy", but only found this:

  http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-10/msg00488.html

I too have a problem with the combination, but it's a bit more far-reaching. I can't type anything. I know this is the sort of problem you don't like: Cygwin bash(1) works fine, Cygwin rxvt(1) works fine (if I type on an attached keyboard), and "cygwin.bat" running in a "cmd" window works fine (even with keystrokes coming off the net via synergy). But I wondered if anyone else had seen this or had any ideas?

About the only thing I can type is control-d, which logs me out and closes the window, or return, which accepts the empty line.

It's not that control is "stuck" (as happens with x2vnc, but which i haven't yet seen with synergy): typing "d" doesn't do anything (other than cause the window to flash sometimes as it redraws).

The arrow keys move through my  history, and then I can see that control-w and control-u work. I also see that just pressing control seems to act as if I hit backspace twice.

It's also not that characters just aren't being echoed. "stty sane\n", "stty -a\n", and "exit\n" all do nothing that "\n" doesn't.

My synergy (http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/) setup is such that i have a Linux box with a keyboard and mouse attached, running the server, and I run the client on Cygwin and Mac OS machines. I'm not running X11 on the Cygwin box.

Any ideas of what I should look at?

--
Elliott Hughes, BlueArc Engineering