Intermittent cygwin heap allocation problem

Brett Serkez techie@serkez.net
Wed Jan 18 15:59:00 GMT 2006

[snip]
> > I also find the sleep(2000) in heap.cc when the mapping error is
> > detected rather suspicious - is this to avoid a race condition with
> > the parent?
>
>   Dunno, suspect it may have been something experimental.  Take a look
>   at when it arrived in the CVS and check the associated changelog
>   entry.

Humm....  I wonder if this is contributing the slowness I've been seeing
during process creation....  In your opinion, is this code (sleep)
likely to be hit often?  By any chance, how do you know how sleep is
implemented, does it use the OS to be awakened, or does it loop?

Brett