g++: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1plus': No such file or directory when using -mno-cygwin

Simon Lam cryxia@gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 22:21:00 GMT 2006

Brian Dessent wrote:
> Simon Lam wrote:
>

>>I am having an issue using the -mno-cygwin flag with g++/gcc. From what
>>I have read in the archives, you need to gcc-mingw installed to have it
>>working, however I do have it installed - see attached cygcheck.out.
>

> The mingw parts of the compiler are actually only extracted/installed in
> the postinstall of the gcc-mingw-* packages.  So it looks like for
> whatever reason your postinstall did not complete.
>
> You should have a number of /etc/postinstall/gcc-mingw-*.sh.done files -
> if any of them are not named .done then that indicates an installation
> problem.  You will have to debug further to find out why these
> postinstall scripts are failing, but as a practical matter you should be
> able to just set all the gcc-mingw-* packages to "reinstall" in
> setup.exe to force them to rerun.
>
> I also notice that you have text mode mounts -- this probably is
> irrelevent to your problem but it would be the first thing I would
> change if I were trying to troubleshoot.
>
> Brian

Sweet - that worked out ok. I wasn't sure if it was me having it in text
mode, or that I overlooked reinstalling gcc-mingw-* (I thought I did
reinstall those...), but reinstall and setting it to binary mode worked
for me (I changed both options, so I am not sure what the fix was...).