SIGALRM is ignored in generated code blocks (using mmap) - testcase included

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Mon Jan 23 18:28:00 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 01:45:52PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>Lee Moore, le Mon 23 Jan 2006 12:05:17 +0000, a ?crit :
>> I have an application which is creating generated code blocks in memory
>> provided by mmap, once the application is running in the generated code
>> blocks, it cannot be interrupted by a SIGALRM.
>
>Mmm, IIRC signals can't be delivered unless you call cygwin functions.

If that is actually true, it's a bug.  Cygwin should be able to
interrupt user code.  It doesn't try to interrupt...

>Another problem can this this too:
>int main(void) {
>	signal(SIGALRM,handler);
>	alarm(1);
>	Sleep();
>}

...a Windows function like Sleep.  It should interrupt, e.g., a busy
loop in user code, however.

cgf