ssh starting problems.

JC Oosthuizen jc.oosthuizen@gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:20:00 GMT 2006


> Did you use /usr/bin/ssh-host-config to set up sshd on the Win 2003 server?
> Currently I am running sshd on two such servers and set them up using the
> script. The script should detect that you are using Win 2003 and will ask if
> you want it to create a "sshd_server" user account and assign the privileges it
> needs under Local Security Policy to run properly. The sshd service should then
> be run under this account.

ssh was setup using ssh-host-config and worked correctly. I then
upgraded cygwin by removing it and reinstalling it. In this process
the sshd_server account was not deleted and was not recreated either.
This caused the problems that occured. I just removed the sshd_server
user and then ran ssh-host-config again and all worked as it should.

Thanks for your help!

> Although it's possible to set up/install sshd manually with cygrunsrv, IMHO the
> script is just simpler.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Herman

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list