Cygwin Bash window disappear?!

Hammond, Robin-David%KB3IEN muaddib@databit7.com
Sun Jan 29 07:35:00 GMT 2006

I too have this problem, using win XP patch level 2. Try invoking sh, see
if you can get a stable shell then. ls wont work (if your in the same boad
i am) but `echo *` will have about the same effect....

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006,
Daniel mark wrote:

> Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:04:29 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Daniel mark <danielmarkhot@hotmail.com>
> To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Subject: Cygwin Bash window disappear?!
>
> Hello all:
>
> I met a very strange problem as follows:
>
> After I finish installing the latest version of cygwin on my computer, I try to
> run C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat. The only thing I got is a black window splash for a
> second and then immediately disappear.
>
> I have fully installed all cygwin package and test all package without problem
> by using the package test tool provided by cygwin.
>
> I have tried to install it for 3 times!! still the same problem
>
> My machine is using AMD chip with XP professional
>

> Thank you
> -Daniel
>

> --

  Microsoft: Where do you want to go tomorrow?
  Linux: Where do you want to go today?
  BSD: Are you guys coming, or what?

Robin-David Hammond	KB3IEN
 	www.aresnyc.org.