rpcgen question

Christian Gagneraud cgag1c@freescale.com
Mon Jan 30 17:25:00 GMT 2006

Hi all,

just for info, i have succesfully build and run my rpc code that was originally
developped for GNU/Linux.

The problem was simply solved by generating the code with linux (pc GNU/Linux)
and build/run it on windows.

But now i'm trying to build it for mingw32 (without multi-thread support) and
facing some issues.

Does anyone have useful information about rpc/linux/cygwin and mingw32.

I have found lot of information about this problem, but it doesn't seems there
is a maintained version of sunrpc or oncrpc that can be used cross-used.

Christian.

Brett Serkez wrote:
> <snip>
>> Since yesterday, i have made some investigation, and i have found that
>> rpcgen comes from the same package (both on RH and cygwin), but it's a
>> problem of version: - RH: /* @(#)rpc.h    2.4 89/07/11 4.0 RPCSRC;
>> from 1.9 88/02/08 SMI */ - Cygwin: /* @(#)rpc.h    2.3 88/08/10 4.0
>> RPCSRC; from 1.9 88/02/08 SMI */
>
> Correct, the features in question were added later.
>
>> And finaly, i will try to keep the generated code on linux and try to
>> build/use it on cygwin... Don't know if it's a good or bad idea! :(
>
> A good idea.  It may not be necessary to regenerate the code for every
> platform.  Working on projects in the past, it was the norm to generate
> and check-in the generated code on the primary UNIX platform, and only
> compile on the various UNIXies/Linux.  Much of the upgraded
> functionality is in the code generator, althought threading depends upon
> the appropriate threading libraries availability on each platform.
>
> Brett
> Brett C. Serkez, Techie

| Chritian Gagneraud                                      |
|  SW Test & QA Engineer, 3G Linux Platform               |
| CELAD on behalf of Freescale Semiconductor - WBSG EMEA  |
| Phone:  33-(0)5.61.19.99.74                             |
| eMail:  cgag1c@freescale.com                            |