1.5.21 release imminent - please test latest snapshot

Sat Jul 8 10:38:00 GMT 2006

On Jul  7 12:11, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I've just created a snapshot which may, barring any conflagrations, be
> very close to what will show up as 1.5.21.  If there are no major
> regressions from 1.5.20, I plan on releasing cygwin 1.5.21 on Monday.
>
> The fixes that I can infer from the ChangeLog are:
>
>   - block current signal while executing in a signal handler.
>
>   - remove previously broken ability to store symlink info in extended attributes.
>
>   - rexec rewrite
>
>   - temporarily remove SA_RESTART functionality from blocking signals calls in
>     preparation for a 1.5.22 socket rewrite.
>
>   - implement setmetamode handling (see linux man page for more details).
>
>   - allow listening on an unbound INET socket.
>
> (I'm sure Corinna will clarify some of the above or add to the list)

Only two points:

- Not only rexec, but also inet_aton, inet_addr, inet_ntoa, inet_network
  are new functions.  These are FreeBSD implementations which get us rid
  of the equal Winsock calls.

- socklen_t is a typedef now.  The socket functions using socklen_t
  are now declared with socklen_t instead of int in /usr/include/sys/socket.h.

> Please test this (or any newer) snapshot and report any regressions from
> 1.5.20 to this thread.
>
>   http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>
> cgf

Corinna