cygwin 1.5.20 and stalling cygstart

Krzysztof Duleba krzysan@skrzynka.pl
Tue Jul 18 10:21:00 GMT 2006

I've just upgraded to 1.5.20 to get gvim 7 running and one of my programs
doesn't work anymore.

I attach simple test case: if you compile foo.cpp and start it from a
cygwin shell, it should run OK. However, if you start it from a windows
shell / windows explorer / whatnot, you should see stalling cygstart.
cygstart process won't exit even when you close notepad, you will have to
kill it manually.

Any ideas?

Krzysztof Duleba