Cygwin ans screen

Svend Sorensen ssorensen@gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 17:40:00 GMT 2006

On 7/19/06, Duane Krings <duanekrings> wrote:
> Andrew Schulman wrote:
>  > and it will mostly work.  You get a multiplexed screen.  But when you
>  > detach a session most of the time you can't reattach to it, even
>  > though the processes live on so you have to kill them by hand.  There
>  > were some other minor problems that I forget right now.
>
> The behavior I see is:
>         1) start screen in xterm #1 then detach
>         2) try to reattach in xterm #1 fails
>         3) reattach with xterm #2 works
>         4) try to reattach in xterm #1 still fails
> or in general, the first terminal that tries to reattach to a running
> screen session is forever locked out, but all subsequent terminals
> will succeed.

Give Mark Edgar's patch[*] a try.  With it applied, screen behaves
better under Cygwin for me.  Reattaching from the same terminal and
multi-display mode both work.  There are still some problems, however.
 Detaches sometimes get hung.  Opening a new terminal and running
'screen -list' will cause the hung detach to complete most of the
time.

[*] Mark Edgar's patch
http://gecko.gc.maricopa.edu/~medgar/screen.html