RPM's (was Re: unix 'at' command implementation)

gabriele.mailing@rvmgroup.it gabriele.mailing@rvmgroup.it
Sun Jun 11 20:38:00 GMT 2006

Christopher Faylor wrote
> That's precisely why people think about integrating something like rpm
> or deb into the packaging system.
May be someone has found the right way: cyg-apt.
It is in an early stage, does not handle 'in-use' file substitution, but
for simple update-upgrade, it works.
I'm not saying that tar.bz2 is not a good packaging format, but only
point out that now there is no CLI alternative to setup.exe.
Administering a Cygwin environment from the command line is better in IMHO.
> I would hate to see this thread become a wish-fest when there is
> obviously no one interested in doing this work.
My skills are too low to start and finish such a project. I'm not a
coder, I'm a SysAdmin...

--
Diesis