cygwin setup in version 2.510.2.2 hangs

Igor Peshansky pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Mon Jun 19 14:57:00 GMT 2006

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

> Hello dear mailing linst participants,
> I tried to install several additional programms over Internet after
> initial installation
> and setup hangs on however small subset of the selected packages
> (for example already single package -- gzip will not be installed).
> The amount of disc space should be sufficient, network conection
> is stable, all already installed cygwin applications runs stable.
> I understand that my descriptions is sowewhat vague, so
> help me to help you ;-) and tell what addtional information
> would be neccesary (e.g. OS version -- is actually XP, log
> excerpts etc.). Should I go stright ahead and upgrade to the
> newer version, maybe?

The first thing to try is a setup snapshot from
<http://cygwin.com/setup/snapshots>.  If that exhibits the same behavior,
then please attach the /var/log/setup.log.full from that session and the
/var/log/setup.log snippet corresponding to that install.  Some
information about your system might also help (if the cygwin package
installs cleanly, run "cygcheck -svr" and attach the output of that).
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/