Proposal: select(2) writability notifcation vs write operations on pipes

Thu Jun 29 15:34:00 GMT 2006

Darryl Miles wrote:
> * That all writing to WIN32 NamedPipes is done non-blocking version of
> WriteFileEx() call.  If the response back from the WIN32 kernel is that
> it can't take the data yet (would have blocked) then the following plan
> jumps into action:

Opps, I should have added that the plan jumps into action only if the
POSIX side (we are emulating) has the fd set in blocking mode.  If its
in non-blocking mode we would return -1 EAGAIN from the write() call.

Darryl