Cygwin problem with cross compiler

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Wed Mar 1 16:13:00 GMT 2006

On 01 March 2006 15:47, Basavaraj Hiremath wrote:

> Hi,
> Where can I get gcc source code, I want to cross
> compile it for Wince/ARM and related tools as well.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Raj
>

> --- Dave Korn <dave.korn@artimi.cXXXXm> wrote:

     PLEASE    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  DON'T DO THIS!

  See http://cygwin.com/acronyms#PCYMTNQREAIYR for why!

  As to the source code for gcc, you can get it from whereever you got those
linux binaries from.  That's the beauty of the GPL!

  Alternatively you could download the source from one of the mirrors listed
at http://gcc.gnu.org/.  But it's possible the version you were using on your
linux machine has some arm-wince-specific patches added to it, so you'd be
better off with the source from your original compiler if you can find it.

  Building cross-compilers can be complicated, and it's way off-topic for the
cygwin list.  You probably want to use the crossgcc list if you have any
trouble building it.

http://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc

    cheers,
      DaveK