Starting gvim from Windows

Jerry D. Hedden jerry@hedden.us
Thu Mar 9 14:20:00 GMT 2006

Neil Watson asked:
> I have X running.  How can I start Cygwin's build of Gvim from Windows,
> without doing from an xterm?  I tried issuing gvim from a cmd window but
> I receive an error "cygice-6.dll was not found".

I don't use X.  I just use RXVT windows on top of the Windows Desktop.
I don't use Cygwin's version of Gvim.  I use the Windows version.  To
use Gvim from Cygwin, I have a small script (attached) that converts
Cygwin paths to Windows paths and then launches Gvim.  With this setup,
I can use a single version of Gvim from both Windows and Cygwin.

If you'd like more details, email me directly.