local cygwin mirror

Paul paul1@vpi.biz
Thu Mar 16 15:28:00 GMT 2006

> What I would expect is that when I do a download only install,
> the packages I select will be downloaded (of course).  When I do
> it again, I would expect to be presented with new/updated packages
> that have been added to the remote repository in the interim and
> I can choose to download or not (via the same selection process as
> now).  I would also expect to be able to select for download packages
> that I hadn't chosen the first time.  All of this based on what is
> in the downoad directory, not what happens to be installed or not.

It should be possible to write a script that would look in the download
directory and create a corresponding (temporary) /etc/setup/stalled.db
so that setup's operation is dependent on what's in the download
directory rather than what's installed on a given machine.

Or, you could just work with the system as it is by installing all
packages you want to mirror on your download machine and always doing
the download/update from that machine; thus, the local machine's
packages will be the same as the local directory's packages.

Paul