Creating a custom Cygwin package server

Norton Allen allen@huarp.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 22 14:26:00 GMT 2006

> Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
>
>> Just be aware that you are entering unsupported territory,
>> and get upset from:
>>
>> http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/upset
>>
>> "Unsupported" means don't ask this mailing list if you have
>> problems. A good alternative might be:
>
> You can also use "genini" which is meant to be used in place of upset
> and is still supported, or rather it still exists in sourceware CVS.
>
> Brian

Thank you both for your responses. I appreciate the meaning of
"Unsupported," and I'm sure there must be some history behind
this, but do you mind if I ask why? It seems as though being
able to build and distribute packages easily is a very useful
feature. Was the dropping of support for upset just a push
to move to genini (without any documentation), or is there
really some other approach that I should be pursuing?

-Norton