modification to mkcygwget to overcome arg length limitation

Lance Nehring nehring@newparticles.com
Wed Mar 22 18:20:00 GMT 2006

Hi all,
I tried to use the mkcygwget script to download a cygwin mirror for
offline installation.  The mkcygwget script generates a script named
cygwget to do the heavy lifting of retreiving files.   However, I got a
"argument list too long" exception from wget, since the generated script
has all the files to be downloaded appended to a single wget command.

I've made a slight modification to the mkcygwget script so that the
generated cygwget contains a separate wget command for each file to be
downloaded.   This solved the problem I was having....thought I'd post
the modified script to this mailing list in case anyone else was interested.
r,
Lance Nehring
New Particles Corp
http://www.newparticles.com/