very poor cygwin scp performance in some situations

René Berber r.berber@computer.org
Tue Mar 28 01:54:00 GMT 2006

Steven Hartland wrote:

> Also very interesting is when running sshd from the command line with
> /usr/sbin/sshd -D vs running it via cygrunsvr I get:
> * cmdline = 192MB   4.4MB/s   00:44
> * cygrunsvr = 192MB   6.4MB/s   00:30
> * cmdline without -D = 192MB   6.4MB/s   00:30
>
> I tried running:
> /usr/sbin/sshd -D 2>&1 > /dev/null but no difference from the standard
> so the difference might be the closed stdin which would support select
> being at least a contributing factor?

Changing performance options (in System Properties -> Advanced -> Performance
Options -> Advanced) to give services preference may have the same impact.

If it does, that means that the sshd process just needs a higher priority to
give better performance (sounds too obvious) at other processes expense.

Your results are interesting.
--
René Berber