Installation problem on windows 2000 server

Tue Mar 28 04:54:00 GMT 2006

jack wrote:
> Hola,
>
> I'm trying to install cygwin on a windows 2000 terminal server (remote
> administration mode).
>
> I'm using:
> - Dell poweredge 1750
> - Cygwin setup.exe version 2.510.2.2
>
> The install finishes fine with no errors, but when I go to double click
> on the Cygwin icon, i see the black DOS box for a split second, then its
> gone.
>
> Going in via cmd.exe and trying to launch anything does nothing:
>
> C:\>cd cygwin\bin
> C:\cygwin\bin>bash --login -i
> C:\cygwin\bin>bash --help
> C:\cygwin\bin>
>
> I've tried the install 3 different times now, on 2 drives and the same
> thing happens.
>
> Searching around shows people have successfully installed cygwin on
> windows 2000 server so I'm assuming that's out.
>
> Any ideas?

Sure.  Read over:

Pay particular attention to the part about *attaching* the output of cygcheck.
You'll also want to look at the output of /var/log/setup.log*.  Look for any
error messages at the end suggesting that any package didn't install properly.
Look for scripts in /etc/postinstall/ without a .done extension.  If there are
any, just rerun setup without selecting any new packages and then recheck.
All the postinstall scripts should have run and been renamed *.done.

Holliston, MA 01746