scp timeout on dual-core processor

Steve Baldwin stbaldwin@multiservice.com
Mon May 1 20:54:00 GMT 2006

I have a (what appears to be) similar problem also with a dual core
(Centrino Duo) machine.  My problem manifests when I attempt to paste in an
X window (i.e. click the middle mouse button).  I immediately (100%
reproducible) get "Disconnecting: Timeout, server not responding.", and my
ssh session dies.  I'm not sure that this is an X problem so haven't posted
to the cygwin/x list, but if someone feels this is X-specific please feel
free to move it over.

As Mark has said, if I can do further diagnosis to help get to the root of
the problem please let me know.

Regards,

Steve