Setup colors... getting there!

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Wed May 3 16:16:00 GMT 2006

Igor Peshansky wrote:
 > Try a setup snapshot (<http://cygwin.com/setup/snapshots/>).

Curious to see if the 'ignores user's color scheme' problem was fixed, I
decided to give one of these a whirl. My first attempt crashed while
downloading the mirror list (VS2005 seems to indicate a NULL dereference
in msvcrt.dll, but isn't giving much in the way of more useful
information). But now it's not happening. Oh, well.

Anyway... the problem with colors is /improved/ but not fixed. The text
is now legible (which is wonderful, thanks!) but the tree structure,
including the clickable [+] and [-] icons is now 99.9% invisible (turns
out they ARE a different color, but not one that is visually
distinguishable from my window background).

My current window background color is (70,74,80); it seems this is the
only color that controls the color of the tree lines (if I change this
color, and ONLY this color, I also get a different color for the tree
lines). Several choices of color (e.g. (64,0,128)), result in tree lines
that *are* exactly the same color!

--
Matthew
Ncurses. Blessing console programs since 1993.