ssmtp apparently generating random email address?
Jim Drash
jim.drash@gmail.com
Fri May 5 18:50:00 GMT 2006
ssmtp cannot generate some random e-mail addresses. It does not run
as a daemon.
I would venture to guess it is some mailing list you belong to that
has the problem. It is not ssmtp
On 5/5/06, zzapper <david@tvis.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I run various jobs from cron and then use :-
>
> /usr/sbin/ssmtp
> to mail the results back to me.
>
> Every few days I get a mail back from some distant mail server compaining
> the destination email address does not exist. The email address however
> is one I don't recognise at all, the email address has however a valid
> domain otherwise they wouldn't bounce back.
>
> I would guess that I am sometimes sending a broken mail header which
> "picks" up some default random. But can anyone suggest where I start
> looking/ what is going wrong?????
>
>
> --
> http://successtheory.com/tips/ Vim, Zsh, MySQL Tips
>
>
> --
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
>
>
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list