telnet: tcp/telnet: unknown service (XP)

Jose Luis Fernandez jose_luis_fdez_diaz_news@yahoo.es
Thu May 18 06:38:00 GMT 2006

After doing a lot more googleing, I've stumbled upon
this fix.  Wonder
if you know about this issue?

In regedit go to
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
edit DataBasePath change %SystemRoot% to its real
value (on mine its
C:\WINDOWS)  Don't know why but this fixed my issue.

Regards,
Jose Luis

 --- Jose Luis Fernandez
<jose_luis_fdez_diaz_news@yahoo.es> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to connect to a remote machine with
> telnet
> I get the message below:
>
>         telnet: tcp/telnet: unknown service
>
> I have tried to fix this problem removing
> /etc/services,  /etc/hosts, /etc/protocols,
> /etc/networks, and re-running
> /etc/postinstall/base-files-mketc.sh.done, but it
> didn't work.
>
> Any hint?

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com