rvxt-20050409-1 console problem [SUMMARY]

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Thu May 18 16:04:00 GMT 2006

Charles Wilson wrote:
> I'm leaning toward this solution, in a more generic sense, like:
>    "gui-switcher.exe --config=/etc/rxvt-selector.conf"
>
> It'll go into the checkX package since it'll leverage a lot of the same
> code.  And that's why I need to track down these issues with
> rxvt-unicode-X+run+loginShell...'cause if they are not solved with
> run.exe, they'll show up again with gui-switcher.exe.

I know this isn't an "ideal" solution, but have you considered fork()ing
and exec()ing 'checkX' and using wait() to get the return code? That
would require your app to have checkX installed but would avoid
duplicating the code and/or having to library-ize it (i.e. would be
faster to implement).

OTOH a lib (or static lib) is generally not a bad idea.

--
Matthew
Hey, buddy, if it's OT, TITTTL!