console question

Hammond, Robin-David%KB3IEN cygwin@kb3ien.us
Thu May 18 17:47:00 GMT 2006

I find a full screen console for each monitor is the way to go. the
programme 'screen' is a better way to juggle multiple windows than any
grpahics window manager in my experience, Mac OS X has nice
transparencies, but it doesnt interoperate with X11 very well (at all
afaik).

  On Thu, 18 May 2006, mwoehlke wrote:

> Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:02:42 -0500
> From: mwoehlke <mwoehlke@tibco.com>
> To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Subject: Re: console question
>
> clayne@anodized.com wrote:
>> Do you use a 640x480 screen? Full screen for a console sounds like a grand
>> waste of field of vision.
>
> Eh, I *love* my full-screen consoles... sooo much text you can see at once!
> Of course, I also have no fewer than... um... four ;) monitors here.
>
> --
> Matthew
> Hey, buddy, if it's OT, TITTTL!
>

> --

Some people are born mediocre, some people achieve mediocrity, and some
people have mediocrity thrust upon them.
                 -- Joseph Heller, "Catch-22"

Robin-David Hammond	KB3IEN
 	www.aresnyc.org.